Leading up to France 2010 and all through the championship, in order to facilitate your work, we will do our best to offer a comprehensive media service.
On this website you will find all of the necessary information about the media accreditation procedure for the 2010 FIBA U17 World Championship for Women.
Below you will find the application form for accreditation which should be duly completed and returned to Sylvain Bourdois Chupin, Press Officer of the Local Organising Committee (LOC).
The basic facts about the media accreditation are as follows:
- All application forms have to be completed and submitted via internet or sent to the LOC's postal address listed above.
- All accreditation applications will have to be approved by FIBA. You are not automatically accredited by completing this form.
- There are media centres in both Toulouse and Rodez.
- Media representatives with an accreditation will have access to all sports venues of the event which have been marked in this form. The media accreditation card will specify the area in the venue which has been assigned to the specific media type. The media accreditation card will offer a variety of media services including the usage of designated media facilities. Please note that the seating priorities and reserved seats in the Media Tribune will be decided by FIBA and the LOC.
- Accredited media will receive a ratecard form to order individual supplementary facilities/services, mostly for a fee.
- Media representatives will have access to special hotel accommodation at preferred rates in each of the cities. For further information please go here.
- The media accreditation deadline is 6th July 2010.
Please help us process your application by completing the application form in as much detail as possible.
We remind you that by completing and submitting the application forms you are not automatically accredited.
Please note that the deadline for rooms in the official media hotels is 22nd May 2010! While the French LOC cannot assure you a room in one of these hotels if your accreditation request is received after this deadline, every effort will be made to ensure that media representatives are offered a room in the media hotels beyond the deadline. For further information, please contact the LOC at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Conditions of Accreditation
Your application for a media accreditation for the 2010 FIBA U17 World Championship for Women will only be processed upon confirmation of the following conditions:
- Accredited media representatives must wear their accreditation at all times.
- Accredited media representatives are only allowed in the designated zones as displayed on the accreditation badge.
- Accredited media representatives are only allowed to follow the defined routing system.
- Accredited media representatives must behave in an orderly manner befitting of a media professional throughout the Championship. Any abusive behaviour or conduct unbecoming will result in expulsion from all venues.
- Media representatives must respect all instructions given by FIBA and the Organising Committee.
- Accredited TV non-rights holders will not be allowed to film any game and pre- or post-game action. They will only be allowed to conduct interviews in the Mixed Zone and film the post-game press conference.
- Non-EBU Radio members should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to clear the radio rights for the broadcast of the games.
- Accredited Radio non-rights holders are not allowed to give live commentary. They will only be allowed to conduct interviews in the Mixed Zone and tape the post-game press conference.
- Accredited Websites will not be allowed to use video or audio content. They will also not be allowed to place live scoring or live still images. Please note that the video and audio broadcasting rights as well as the live scoring and statistics all belong to FIBA. Any infringement will result in legal action being taken.
- Still photographers will have their assigned positions behind the baseline. FIBA/LOC may limit the number of photographers per media organisation for these photo positions on a game by game basis. All photographers have to wear bibs to enter the photo positions at the venues.
- The accreditation of any person found to be accredited under false pretences will be invalidated immediately.
- All venues of the 2010 U17 FIBA World Championship for Women will be smoke free areas. Smoking will only be allowed in the specially designated areas.
- Your personal data is collected, processed and dealt with in a strictly confidential manner. Compliance with data protection shall thereby be guaranteed.
- An extract with data collected from the application form (surname, first name, date of birth, place of birth, sex, nationality as per identity card/passport, postcode, town, street, house number, country, type and number of passport/identification card) may be forwarded electronically to the Security Authorities for a security check.
Upon violation of the above conditions, FIBA and the Organisers reserve the right to give a verbal or written warning before declaring an accreditation invalid. At the same time the above named parties also have the right to invalidate an accreditation immediately.
Media accreditation request
Sylvain Bourdois Chupin
Communications Office - French Basketball Federation,
117 rue du Chateau des Rentiers, 75013 Paris, FRANCE